Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Attention All MUA!! :)

Posted by Melly Couture at 6:57 PM
ok so this is for all the make-up artists out there. I NEED YOUR HELP! I want to know what is the best make-up to use for my complexion & skin? my skin type is kinda of dry. & my complexion, well you can see it here. I want to know what are the right colors for my complexion?

I want to do a smoky eye effect, but since I'am a bit dark, I'm sure it won't compliment my eyes. I love my eyes & I want to work on them more. I love eyeliner, mascara & eyeshadow lol! But I also want to try a foundation. Nothing that will cake up my skin because remember I have dry skin & that stuff can get flaky & crusty & just plain nasty lol! & I also want to try blush.

I don't wear lipstick. Just lip-gloss. Usually its a pink or a redish-pink tint. those make my lips look luscious lol! ;) hehe! But please ladies, HELP ME OUT!! Comments would be more likely accepted or you can email me at lovefashionmuch@aim.com

I'm also looking for a personal MUA for an upcoming shoot I will be planning.

4 comments on "Attention All MUA!! :)"

maika on June 24, 2009 at 7:38 PM said...

thanksss =) and yeah i see what you mean to ME the best brands out there are mac , nyx , loreal hip , and those are about the other ones that i can think of ; and girl i think i'm darker then you and smokey eyes look fine on me ; don't ever think your too dark for something you just have to find the right colors for your skintone ; and as far as foundations go i heard that the revlon colorstay foundations are pretty damn good and they come in two types one for dry skin and then another one for oily skin ; you can find those in drugstores and they'll cost about $10-11 ; and then theres mac studio fix fluid which i love but it cost like $26 which i hate but if you have the money for that then go for it . also if you go to the mac store they can match you as far as foundation goes =) i hope this helps <333

maika on June 24, 2009 at 7:47 PM said...

your welcome =)

Rai on June 25, 2009 at 8:49 AM said...

Well make sure you use a good moisturizer after you wash your face.

As for foundation, I never worn it until recently. I have a mineral one from Everday Minerals and a pressed powder one from NYX. Since you say you have try skin you may one to purchase a face primer. Revlon has one & I think it's around $11.

You can wear WHATEVER eyeshadow colors you want.

Lipgloss you can purchase from a lot of places. I don't know what exactly you're into because some people are picky about lipgloss.

I recently just got into even wearing blushes. The only blushes I own are from NYX and I LOVE THEM!

But I suggest trying these brands for colors and good pigmentation for us girls of color: NYX, Milani, L'OReal HIP, Ulta (only at Ulta Stores).

I'm a NYX Rep, so if you ever need help or recommendation of that brand just e-mail me. =D HOPE THAT HELPS!

CakeForBrkfst.com said...

I know NOTHING about make up but recently I started wearing Pur Minerals and I love it + its simple to use and easy to remember for someone like me who is totally new to this lol. It took me a year to use the trial kit and I went to Ulta to get some more and I decided to try out Bare Minerals but the girls told me Pur Minerals look better women of color vs Bare Minerals. I would definitely recommend it.

Post a Comment

 

Pockets Full of Cake Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez