Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Book Review: Midnight by Sister Souljah

Posted by Melly Couture at 4:16 PM
wow its finally July. 1st. This means I need to get my ass on the roll with school. crap! anyways ...

So i'm here reading up on this book that I borrowed it from my future mommy-in-law called Midnight. It's the sequel to Sister Souljah's 'The Coldest Winter Ever' I anticipated this book for the illest minute!!!!!!!! & there was a freaking waiting list at the library & I was like ughh! But I still signed up for it.

The book has 498 pages. & from the first page your hooked! lol! But I have the book since like may & I have yet to finish it. :/ My future mommy-in-law didn't really want to read it since it's about the muslim religion (which really isn't. just part of it. But it's Midnight's life story. so obviously the muslim religion will be presented in the book). Anyways, the book so far is freaking good!!! Midnight falls in love with this japanese girl. Shes gorgeous! But I wont give away to much on the book. I rather let yall read it & give your opinions. If you have read it, let me know what you thought on it :)

I'm just disappointed because I thought the book would be about Winter & whats come about her since the first book. I just didn't see why Souljah stated it was the sequel. :/ But give me ya'll opinions. please :)

3 comments on "Book Review: Midnight by Sister Souljah"

Miss.$ugarDaddy on July 1, 2009 at 7:57 PM said...

So i am dying to read this book as well, but after reading this, i'm not sure if i really want to..is it any good?

Anonymous said...

I have this book and I read the first couple of pages and I am not amused.

Anonymous said...

I actually did a youtube video about this book (you'll have to find it yourself...) I think in order to fully understand the nature of the book, one has to understand the author.

I loved it.

Post a Comment

 

Pockets Full of Cake Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez